|Newsletter #110 - 4 September 2013 - Music Software for Everyone|
Here is our next newsletter about the Pizzicato music software and its applications.
To help you compose and learn to compose music in a more intuitive way have always been in my priorities.During the seminars on Pizzicato that happened during July, the users could appreciate the set of tools helping them to compose, particularily the new module for harmony and counterpoint.
This module lets you easily and rapidly harmonize a given melody, while keeping the full control on the direction of the resulting arrangement. In other words, the computer helps you to establish the nice sounding combinations at each step and you select the ones that correspond to you musical feelings.This encourages me to continue. For the years to come, Pizzicato will progressively become a more user-friendly, complete and easy to use software to compose more intuitively.
Thanks to all the Pizzicatists who support our work!We wish you a nice reading.
Discover in 10 minutes why Pizzicato is so different than other music software:
29, rue de l'Enseignement
Visit our site :
Technical support +32 126.96.36.199
Fax +32 188.8.131.52
email : email@example.com
Read all previous articles on page http://www.arpegemusic.com/editoriaux.htm
|3 voices counterpoint - two notes for one note
Lets continue our music counterpoint tutorial. Even if Pizzicato now has a module to help you write counterpoint, we continue here to explain and comment the basic rules of counterpoint.Remember that we follow here a practical approach, with the purpose of making this tool available to all and not in the rigorous (and sometimes autoritative) frame of mind in which some counterpoint courses are written. We hope that the experts will not blame us for this!
The next step of this tutorial will respect the rules established for 3 voices and combine them with the ones explained for the second species of 2 voices counterpoint. As a summary:
Let's take the following bass as an example:
For the first measure, we choose two notes in the main melody for each note of the bass. The secondary melody will have only one note per bass note. When two notes are played for one original note, the first must be consonant with the two other voices and the second note may be a transition note. For instance:
The numbers show the intervals formed by each melody with the bass (without taking care of additional octaves). The second note of the melody (displayed in orange) is a dissonant note as it forms an interval of a second with the other two voices (D when the other notes are C and E).
Let us remember that dissonant intervals are all
intervals except the fifth, octave, third and sixth (the second,
the fourth and the seventh are considered dissonant intervals).
Here is what the next measure could be:
We have used only consonances. Avoid all voices going in the same direction. It is better to have contrary motion, or at least one note that does not move (as between measure one and two above).The search for solutions is done by keeping in mind the above rules and by testing the various combinations for the two added voices. Once the principles are understood, to put them into application requires work and thinking! Don't be discouraged, start in simplicities and read the rules again once in a while. It is a question of practice. Regularly, listen to the result so that it respects the musical direction that you prefer, as it this the most important point. Here is how the rest of the exercise may look like:
We have again used a transition tune to make the melody go down regularly.The module for harmony and counterpoint of Pizzicato can help you to build an exercise as this one, as it can help you rapidly browse the various combinations of notes that respect the rules. You can then test them and select the ones you like the most and that correspond to the musical direction you want to follow.
Here is a simple way to use the counterpoint module with Pizzicato:
Once the counterpoint is finished, you can apply the transformation principle explained in our previous articles so as to reach a more specific style of music. Here is what it could be (but I'm sure you can do better than that :-) :
|Tips and Advises on Pizzicato|
See also the frequently asked questions on page http://www.arpegemusic.com/clients4.php
use of an external MIDI keyboard
The purpose of a virtual keyboard is to extend the
playing possibilities of a single musical keyboard and let you
play several instruments on one keyboard. This principle is
frequent in a lot of synthetizers and it is often called
"performance". It is a set of sounds programmed on the keyboard
that can be used to play.
Dialog box or tool help
To find detailed explanations about a dialog box or a tool, you can use the contextual help. Place the cursor of the mouse on the dialog box or on the tool and press on the F1 key on the keyboard. The help of the concerned lesson opens.
Repeating an accidental already in the key signature
Pizzicato handles accidentals automatically,
following the commonly accepted rules. When a flat or sharp is
already in the key signature, Pizzicato will not draw it just in
front of the note. Similarly, when an accidental is present in a
measure, the same note in the next measure automatically refers
back to the key signature.
Order one of the Pizzicato versions today on our secured site by clicking here.
Buying one version of Pizzicato gives you the right to about 3 years of free upgrades.
If your license number is superior to 19000, you can download the lastest upgrade 3.6.1 Rev 1 for Mac and Windows by clicking here.
At any time, you can upgrade to a more advanced version of Pizzicato, for a special upgrade price. See the upgrade order page by clicking here.
We are looking for...
... collaborators, partners and distributors, in any country, for the development of sales channels of Pizzicato. Write to:
Pizzicato in the US and Canada
You can always contact Blair Ashby, at Broadlands Media, Inc. for any information you need on Pizzicato and the way to use it. Located in Denver, Colorado, Blair is the official representative of Pizzicato for the United States and English speaking Canada. You can visit the site and buy Pizzicato directly at www.writing-music.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Music course for Beginners|
Read the full Pizzicato music course on page http://www.arpegemusic.com/manual36/EN090.htm
The major scale of C
As we have seen, each one of these notes
corresponds to a white key of the keyboard. When a black key
separates two notes, there is one tone between these two notes
and if there is no black key between them, there is one half
tone. The following table shows the degrees of the scale with
the tones and half tones which separate them:
...To read the full lesson, see the lesson
about key signatures on our site...
With EarMaster Pro 6, improve your music abilities:
|The Pizzicato Music Software range of products|
|What version of
Pizzicato would fit your needs?
1. Pizzicato Light is an introductory version to learn music, make exercises, write small scores (1 or 2 pages) and use basic MIDI and audio recording features. You can start practicing the music keyboard and make your first steps into music composition. [20 euros as a package, 15 euros as a download]
2. Pizzicato Beginner is a general purpose score editor, that contains most of the tools you need to write, print and listen to music scores for the choir, solo instrument or small orchestras up to 16 instruments playing together. [99 euros as a package, 67 euros as a download]
3. Pizzicato Notation is a full score editor that offers you all the notation features found in any other Pizzicato versions. It contains all the tools you need to write, print and listen to music scores, from the soloist to the full orchestra. [199 euros as a package, 129 euros as a download]
4. Pizzicato Guitar contains all the tools you need to write sheet music for the guitar or other fretted instruments like the banjo, the bass, etc. You can use a tablature or TAB, or a standard staff. A guitar fret board window helps you entering the notes and you can create chord diagrams. [39 euros as a package, 29 euros as a download]
5. Pizzicato Choir helps you write and print nice sheet music for the choir. Learn to sing your voice while Pizzicato plays the other voices. Increase your knowledge of music theory with the full music course included. [39 euros as a package, 29 euros as a download]
6. Pizzicato Soloist contains all the tools you need to write music for a solo instrument. You can print nice solo sheet music, whether for the brass, woodwind, string instruments or any solo instrument written on one staff. [39 euros as a package, 29 euros as a download]
7. Pizzicato Drums and Percussion is specifically designed for music notation of drums and percussion instruments. You can use up to 8 staves, each one with 1 up to 16 lines to which you can assign a percussion or drum instrument. [39 euros as a package, 29 euros as a download]
8. Pizzicato Keyboard contains all the tools you need to write music for keyboard instruments like the piano, the organ or the synthesizer, with up to 4 staves. [39 euros as a package, 29 euros as a download]
9. Pizzicato Composition Light introduces the concept of intuitive music composition for a small budget. This is where you can start exploring music composition like never before, up to 8 instruments. [49 euros as a package, 39 euros as a download]
10. Pizzicato Composition Pro offers you the most advanced tools for intuitive music composition, with no limits to the number of instruments. [149 euros as a package, 99 euros as a download]
Finally, Pizzicato Professional contains every function available in the 10 versions already described. You can use all the features for music notation as well as all the tools for intuitive music composition and combine them in the same software. [299 euros as a package, 195 euros as a download]
transpose, reduce scores and help our conductor to write his
own arrangements on paper"
Free online money management tool for bands.
Scan your sheet music and import and edit them in Pizzicato
Try it for free during one month. Click here...